HANDLING CASES AGAINST THE LARGEST EMPLOYERS AND LAW FIRMS IN CALIFORNIA
Since 1993 firm owner Karl Gerber has handled more than 1,425 separate California employment cases with a high rate of success of all binding arbitration and jury trials he has first chaired.
All employment cases for employees are taken on a contingency. We are only paid a fee when and if we win. We advance all costs. We handle wrongful termination, discrimination (age, disability, national origin, pregnancy), sexual harassment, medical leave (FMLA, cancer leave), unpaid commissions, overtime, and missed meal break cases.
Do I Need an Employment Attorney?Here are some reasons why it may be in your best interests to hire an attorney:
- An attorney can help you determine if you have a case that is worth pursuing. Otherwise, you could end up spending your time and emotions on a case that the administrative agency will dismiss.
- An attorney can help you file your complaint correctly. If you check the wrong box on a complaint with an administrative agency, your case could be dismissed.
- An attorney can obtain results much faster than a governmental agency. It’s not unusual for a discrimination case to sit for three years with the Department of Fair Employment and Housing without a resolution.
- Only an attorney knows all of the remedies available to you such as statutory fines and punitive damages. Administrative agencies do not pursue all legal theories and money due you.
- Attorneys usually obtain much higher settlements than you could obtain through an administrative agency. Our law firm has obtained settlements in excess of $100,000 for cases that an administrative agency would resolve for a few thousand dollars.